Shanna Quinn | Barrister-at-Law and Mediator
Shanna Quinn is a Barrister, Mediator and Trainer with experience across Australia and Asia, specialising in relationship law. With extensive experience as a forensic social worker and counsellor, Shanna has focused her career around family law matters (parenting and property), domestic violence and child protection, including clients from diverse cultural, socio-economic and religious backgrounds.
Her multi-disciplinary background provides a unique and integrated approach to all areas of her work. As a Barrister and Mediator, her background as a Forensic Social Worker makes her particularly equipped to deal with sensitive and complex child-related matters.
- Established a private practice as a forensic social worker and counsellor.
- Established the Human Services Program for the Brisbane City Council.
- Assisted the Queensland Police Academy in the implementation of recommendations arising from the Fitzgerald Inquiry.
- Established a mediation practice in Hong Kong in 1996, which included the provision of mediation and training to organisations such as the Hong Kong Law Society, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and the Construction Development Board of Malaysia.
- Called to the Private Bar in 2011, specialising in mediation, family law matters, domestic violence and child protection.
- Established reputation for delivering Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) training programs to a range of organisations, including Bond University, University of Queensland, and the Law Society of Hong Kong.
- Working with high conflict individuals and families
- Effective advocacy
- Ability to relate and work with diverse cultural, racial and socio-economic clients
- Program and policy development
- Accomplished trainer and educator
- Ability to mediate diverse range of commercial and relationship disputes
- Ability to apply a unique interdisciplinary approach to practice and education.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
- Graduate Diploma in Family Dispute Resolution
- Accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (No. R1003048)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Accredited Family & General Mediator and Supervisor, Hong Kong